Monday, December 15, 2014

Lee Lee's Hot Kitchen, just a regular Chinese restaurant?

Comparing Lee Lee's Hot Kitchen to Red Orchid or other Chinese establishments in town is easy for me to do. I've read articles and reviews of people saying that Lee Lee's is nothing special. I could not disagree more.

Walking into the restaurant itself is enough to set it apart on looks alone. The decor is beautiful and the atmosphere lively. Once you have some of their dishes I don't know how someone could call it "more expensive Chinese American food". Lee Lee's is authentic and it is very apparent that they are utilizing high quality ingredients, which are skillfully crafted and were thoughtfully put together. Their drink menu is nothing to overlook, either.


I thoroughly enjoy Lee Lee's. Actually, that's probably an understatement. I seem to find myself eating it every Sunday. It has become quite the Sunday night ritual. Whether its eating in or taking out, I enjoy it every time. Lee Lee's Hot Kitchen opened early this year by way of Karalee Nielsen Fallert (remember Park Cafe?). She reconnected with an old friend, Chef Lily Lei and they came up with the concept together- thank goodness!

Again, it is in the neighborhood of Wagener Terrace which makes me happy. In addition, if you haven't noticed I love the Asian cuisine. It has the Chinese classics that everyone loves but they are always creating specials and actually just made some menu additions! I haven't had anything I didn't like here but there are definitely some stand-outs that I cannot stop ordering.

Check them out on Instagram for weekly specials and updates. Or don't because you'll want to go in all the time.


Favorite Starters

The Sichuan dumplings - these are my absolute favorite. They've got some kick and are steamed, not fried. The Sichuan sauce is to die for. I think these are perfect <3

Scallion pancakes, chicken lettuce wraps and the crab rangoons (made with real crab) are delicious as well....if you can stop ordering the Sichuan dumplings.


Favorite Entrees 
(listed in order)

Singapore Noodle



1. Singapore Noodle- rice noodles, pork, shrimp, and vegetables in a yellow curry sauce- its seriously perfect.


2. Hong Sho Ro- pork belly in a 5 spice sauce. A delicious specialty!



3. Salt and Pepper Chicken- I've never had anything like it. Its fried chicken - the breading is deliciously peppery- with onions and peppers. The seasoning is SO good.

Pan fried pork dumplings & Salt and pepper chicken


4. Mu Shu Pork- This is a past time favorite of mine. Whenever my family would order Chinese, this was always something we ordered. Lee Lee's does a great job with it (pork & vegetables with pancakes and hoisin sauce) but its what you expect. Nothing over the top, I just love this dish and it brings back memories.


Mu Shu Pork

The Bok Choy in a sesame garlic sauce is a favorite of the Veggies- a delicious side to any dish. I absolutely love bok choy and they do a great job of cooking it perfectly.







These are my absolute favorites. I have tried most of the menu and with choosing from this list, I can promise you won't be disappointed! Go check out Lee Lee's Hot Kitchen today. I think this restaurant has a lot to offer. Decide for yourself and let me know what you think!


Lee Lee's Hot Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment