Friday, December 19, 2014

Prohibition

My friends and I had a girls night recently. We wanted to try somewhere we had never been together. We try to go to a new place each time we all eat together. My friend Susanne had been to Prohibition for her birthday recently and enjoyed it, so we decided to head back. This would be my first time eating at Prohibition. It has a pretty good bar scene at night and I had been a few times for drinks but never to eat.

All of us like to eat (a lot) so naturally we started out with an entree to share. (Isn't that how you start your dinners?) We ordered the macaroni and cheese which is cooked with chorizo, bacon, mushrooms and is finished with brioche breadcrumbs. It was good. It was different than your standard mac and cheese, but not too different that it didn't satisfy the craving. I'm not sure I would order it for my entree, but it was tasty. 


For my main squeeze (entree), I ordered the Carolina Roll. It was a brioche roll stuffed with a blue crab and shrimp salad, which was given a kick with a chile aioli and was then topped with fried oysters. This is my heaved and it was awesome. All of the seafood was cooked perfectly and the salad was perfectly balanced and didn't have too much mayonnaise. They delivered to me exactly what I was hoping for. And for the amount of seafood given in this roll, I though the price was on point. It also came with a pip (side) in which I ordered the bell pepper hash which was also very tasty. The potatoes were cooked perfectly through and through, and their was a nice balance between them and the bell peppers. It was served with a Sriracha hollandaise- YUM! I was very pleased with my meal. 



My friends ordered the fish tacos and duck quesadilla. Both were thoroughly enjoyed. 



We were surprised with complimentary desserts. A vanilla creme brûlée and a blueberry basket. The creme brûlée was good, standard. The blueberry basket was superb- a creme brûlée french toast, stuffed with blueberry ice cream. I would recommend it if you're wanting to top of your meal with something sweet!


With a name like Prohibition, you can't skip over the drinks. Their specialty is the cocktails, and they have a wide selection. I had two different cocktails and they were both great. I'm a vodka drinker- so I had the Itty Bitty, which was a tad sweet, followed by one of the cocktail specials for the night. 

 Its a great place to go for some drinks to start out your night. They usually have a band playing on the stage and have a swing band parading through the restaurant on the weekends! The atmosphere is perfect for a pregame, happy hour after work or a night out for dinner.

If you're looking for a good meal and great spirits with a great atmosphere, I would recommend Prohibition. I've only been once, but it was a great experience and I'll definitely come back. Its not the first place I would take out of town guests, but its a great place to throw into the mix of places to go eat and enjoy some inspiring cocktails. 
Prohibition on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment