Saturday, January 3, 2015

Boxcar Betty's - The Ultimate Chicken Sandwich

I've been hearing such good things about Boxcar Betty's. It been on my radar for months and months. Living downtown, it's too easy to stay on the peninsula and never go to the same place twice. Today, Will and I committed to heading to Boxcar Betty's (New Years resolution or NOT!) and we are happy we did so! 

We had a late lunch and are having a big dinner so we decided to split (gasp!) the Boxcar Chicken Sandwich. We also ordered the hand cut fries and fried pickles. 


I would like to note that when we got there around 1:45/2pm almost all of the tables were full and when we were leaving, people were pouring in. The word is definitely out on their delicious, antibiotic free fried chicken. The restaurant is eco friendly, too, which I love!

We left feeling full, but I wanted so badly to taste more of that delicious sandwich SO I will most definitely be back for the full monty soon! 

It's a very lightly fried piece of chicken with spicy mayo, peach coleslaw, pickles and pimiento cheese. Crunchy, sweet, salty, savory, cheesy and delicious! It is the ultimate chicken sandwich. I was so surprised by how light the batter was on the chicken (and the frickles!). I didn't leave feeling like a grease ball. I wish I had ordered a side of the peach salsa to analyze it further. The bites I had of the not-too-sweet peachy slaw left me with a desire for more.



The bread was light and fluffy and also had a sweetness to it. The proportion of chicken and filling in the sandwich to the bread was perfect. It was enough bread to keep the sandwich together but not an overpowering amount. 


The frickles and fries are worth mentioning as well. Not too greasy and full of flavor. The fries were exactly what I was hoping they would be. The ranch served with the frickles was delicious and someone even came by to check on us and brought us more- please and thank you!






Perfection.

If you haven't made the trip, I strongly urge you to do so! It was worth it. I will definitely be back- no halfsies next time!!












Boxcar Betty's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment